Morpion Solitaire - List of the site's news
added June 4th 2008
- Impressive results from Michael Quist:
record at the 5T game using a different initial pattern, constructed by Marc
Lapierre: 187 moves.
- Astonishing remark by Marc Lapierre,
never done before: the first record of 150 moves
by C. W. Millington in 1972 had really... 149 moves only!!!
- New page on variants,
games for one or two players:
- Connector, thanks to Walter Joris
- Morpiae, thanks to Vincent Everaert
- Finite 3D/3T, who can find a smaller score
with this new pattern ?
- Scaffold by C. Croft,
thanks to Eric Solomon and David
- Interesting remark from Lee Morgenstern:
it seems that 3T and 3D games are always
infinite. Who can prove that?
- By Daniel Goffinet, two precisions on his testimony: the name
of the game was already "Morpion Solitaire" at Paris
in 1962/63, and he invented the notion of "potential".
- Because I like this first
sentence of his first paper on this game in 1974, quotation of Pierre Berloquin added
at the beginning of the Rules page.
© Christian Boyer, www.morpionsolitaire.com