Morpion Solitaire - List of the site's news
added November 21st 2011
- In the page on limits:
- 5T (and 5T+) final grid
of 317 moves! It could be a new upper bound for a maximum
score at Morpion Solitaire 5T and 5T+, but not proved.
Is it possible to
construct a better final grid with more moves?
With only six supplemental
initial dots, 42 dots instead of the 36 of the initial cross, we can
improve this score by more than two hundred moves: a final grid of 535 moves! Small
cause... big consequences....
- Errors found in published proofs of
5T upper bounds for a maximum score:
- Achim Flammenkamp's proof
of an upper bound of 288 moves was wrong, simply proved by the above
counterexample of 317 moves.
- Two small errors found
paper, one being their upper bound which should be 705 instead of 704.
Fascinating series of 5T waves fully filling the plane, found by Michel
Criton in 1976.
Is it possible to produce a tsunami with a less
dense initial band / pattern?
- Morpion Solitaire software:
- After 5T, now also play at 5D
- Background analysis of current game
- Move assist, with possible moves ranked
as bad or good
- New file format with support for analysis
data, games can be saved and the analysis resumed later
- Autosave/autoload of current game when
starting or exiting the application
- Self-learning analysis cache. Analyzed
moves stored between games, and faster analysis
© Christian Boyer, www.morpionsolitaire.com